Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oh, Baby!

On April 6th, we had the privilege of going to the AAA Center for Pregnancy Counseling for an opportunity to bless the center with clothes, toys, diapers, and other baby items for the “baby store” they have. What happened that night was a mutual blessing and we were blessed by hearing, seeing, and experiencing what the center does for women in need.

The center has blessed the Omaha area for over twenty years. “We started out doing pregnancy tests, and referring women to places in the community that could help them the most. We have grown into a full service advocate for women facing unplanned pregnancies, which includes a wide array of medical services” (www.aaacpc.com).

After being at the center and going through each “step” they provide for women there, I can tell you that they do so much more than offer medical services. They have true passion for the babies involved, but what is remarkably beautiful is the passion for the mothers. They truly counsel these women. They care about them. They love them. They establish relationships with them. They want them to know every option available so that each mother can make the best choice she can.

They even go beyond just a humanistic view of love and offer the love of Jesus Christ to those who will receive it.

That is what this love is all about.
That is what this life is all about.
His love is what changes lives!

At the beginning of the evening, I was expecting to simply bring a few baby clothes for those in need. I was not expecting to be blessed by what I saw, but my heart burst open inside of me that night. As I walked out to the car that evening, the brisk April air hit my cheeks and the deep breath I took in was a fresh burst of life in my lungs and my heart.

I saw a true example of the body of Christ in action that night! What an opportunity to gather as sisters in fellowship, fun, and a night that blessed so, so many! Thank You, Jesus!

No comments: